On behalf of the conference organizers, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 10th International Aerosol Conference (IAC 2018) to be held September 2-7, 2018 at the America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. As you may know the IAC is held once in four years, and rotates between Asia, Europe and America – hence we will be hosting this in the USA after 12 years. The IAC attracts attendees from all over the world. We expect the conference to provide an outstanding venue for sharing our latest aerosol science and technology research and for networking and re-connecting with colleagues.
The 2018 IAC provides one more day of scientific sessions than our regular AAAR conferences:
- The regular full slate of tutorials on Sunday on a wide range of aerosol science topics, including the popular "Hands-on Aerosol Instrumentation Design and Measurement" tutorial.
- An exciting array of plenary talks, special symposia, poster sessions, platform presentations, and special events from Monday morning through Friday.
- Nine different Symposia on topics ranging from Low Cost PM Sensors to Infectious Aerosols to Reactor Studies to Mega Cities are being planned.
The Conference Committee’s Technical Program co-chairs Drs. C.Y. Wu (University of Florida) and Brent Williams (Washington University in St. Louis) are diligently working to develop the program.
Please note that the Call for Abstracts is now open (aaarabstracts.com/2018IAC/) and that the deadline for submissions is February 1, 2018.
This year we will have some additional highlights:
- A Workshop that will discuss and identify the scientific challenges in the field of aerosol science and engineering.
- An opportunity to submit a picture of your best looking or most interesting particles, and win prizes!
- Meet the Pioneers, where you can interact with leaders in the field in an informal setting.
- Technical tours to local universities, start up incubator parks, and local industry.
- Recreational tours – opportunities for your entire family to enjoy (so ask them to come along too!).
- A Banquet, which will be a great opportunity to celebrate and mingle with colleagues.
- And much more!
Please access the website to garner more details – and stay updated on all exciting things being planned: www.2018iac.org
We are looking forward to an outstanding conference at a great location that you certainly don’t want to miss. A gentle reminder to be aware of the earlier deadlines, so prepare your Abstracts and start submitting them!
2018 Conference Chair
Welcome to St. Louis, USA between September 2 to 7, 2018 for the Xth INTERNATIONAL AEROSOL CONFERENCE (IAC 2018).
The meeting promises to be an excellent one, with the world’s largest gathering of aerosol scientists to discuss the latest and greatest in the field of aerosol science and technology. We are planning several innovative programming aspects, so please mark the dates and plan to be in the heartland of the USA in 2018.
IAC 2018 will be held in the America's Center Convention Complex located in downtown.
It is close to several affiliated hotels and in the near vicinity of many attractions (including walking distance from the Gateway Arch) and restaurants. Close to St. Louis (day trips – prior to or immediately after the Conference) are sites such as Hannibal – birthplace of Samuel Langhorne Clemens; the Ozarks Mountain Country (site for great hiking, camping, canoeing and kayaking); Springfield, IL (Lincoln Museum); Chicago, IL and Nashville, TN, home to many art and science museums as well as home to some of the nations most renown musicians. International visitors can therefore experience a variety of American culture and history – from Mark Twain to Lincoln, from witnessing Jazz to Blues, to enjoying variety of cuisines!
Highlights of the Conference
- High quality Technical Program will be organized. The International Aerosol Research Assembly (IARA) will work with the American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR), European Aerosol Association (EAA) and Asian Aerosol Assembly (AAA) Working Groups. The broad representation from an early stage would not only ensure a top quality program, but attract attendees from our international participants.
- Tutorials by world renowned experts in Aerosol Science and Technology
- Exhibition of the latest innovations in aerosol science and technology.
- Technical Tours – Washington University in St. Louis Laboratories, Local industries
- Socio-Cultural Tours – A range of tours, prior and during the Conference
Abstract Submissions Now Open: Click here to submit
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 1, 2018
Abstract Submission Guidelines: Click here
(Please note as this is an International Conference and there will be no extensions)
Early Bird Registration: May 15, 2018
Click here for the Special Symposia